Modern day business is highly dependent on Social Media. May it be marketing, promoting, or advertising, social media presence has become mandatory if you intend to run a successful HVAC business.
A social media presence helps in one-on-one interactions with the clients,which is important if you are a HVAC contractor.
Under such circumstances, it is imperative that your HVAC company should have significant presence on social media. To achieve this, you need well thought out, calculated steps that can increase the traffic to your website and in effect improve your business.
A basic strategy is to open a ‘Page’ dedicated to your HVAC company website on each of the popular websites, namely Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google+. Added to it are the Instagram, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
1) The most important social media strategy is to garner ‘followers’ who ‘like’ your page.
From a consumer’s point of view, a business Page with say 6000 ‘likes’ or ‘followers’ seem more trust-able than one with 330 followers.
You can, ‘buy’ likes, send emails, or ‘connect’ requests to your existing list of connections, offer a discount if they ‘like’ your page, or add a few freebies.
2) Daily Updates: The social media is capable of being completely immersed in one topic and totally forgetting about it the next day! Daily posts about your business, updates regarding new additions, links to new product pages will keep people engaged to your page. Also, you need to address comments/issues quickly, to show that you are there to support your clients.
3) Photos: Pictures hook people more than words. So having a Instagram or Pinterest account and linking them to your Twitter/ Facebook will attract more people. Photos of recent successes, awards, products and their star ratings etc will allow more people to ‘see’ your business.
4) Trust: This is a key word in social media. You can, as a HVAC business owner/ contractor, ask your customers to leave a comment about your services on your ‘Page’. Most people do it willingly.
5) YouTube: This is THE place to post a few ‘how to’, tips and tricks videos that people regularly search for. Posting it may cost come initial expense, but the promotion and the connections you get, is invaluable.
Following these few strategies carefully will hugely benefit your HVAC business. The only way to increase the social media presence is to do it everyday and do it diligently.
Read our HVAC marketing strategies if you’re serious about growing your HVAC practice